NWSTP Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   NWSTP Admins   Guestbook   FAQ   RSS   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members |   | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 2 ]  [ Total: 2 ]  [ Newest Member: Musicpub ]
 All Forums
 NWSTP
 Sy/Ty Help
 Strange problem in 92 Typhoon
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Member In Search of Info and Help! Topic Next Topic: Local Dyno Tuners?  

tjwong
Starting Member

Posted - March 06 2007 :  11:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on a 92 Typhoon, it has a modded engine with a slightly larger turbo from unknown sources. The problem is when it makes boost to around 13 PSI it starts bucking, I had raised the high boost fuel cut but I don't beleive that is the issue. Typically I would see the AFR on the wide band go very lean if a fuel cut occurs, and I don't see this, this is happening on my dyno, when the boost hits near 12 to 14 psi. Also I tried to actuate the waste gate solenoid via a tech2 scan tool, I can manually manipulate the EGR solenoid, check engine lite and whatever else but the wastegate solenoid remains inoperative when commanded on via the tech2. I have check to make sure that there is power to the solenoid via the wastegate solenoid control relay. The wiring to the ecm was also verified. I am suspecting the ecm as that could have a bad driver for the wastegate solenoid. The turbo makes about 15 psi with the vacuum hose disconnected from the wastegate solenoid. It makes about 12 when its connected, but I doubt that the ecm is controlling the solenoid. Any ideas that some one can pass on.

Also the owner supplied a HKS EVC electronic boost controller that another shop attempted to install and could not get it to work. I checked the wiring and it appears that it was wired correctly, it is still not working. Any suggestions on a preferred electronic boost controller for in cabin use that works good?

Edited by - tjwong on March 07 2007 12:00:09 AM

Roland

Posted - March 13 2007 :  5:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, what does your scan tool say when it starts bucking? Is it too lean, too rich, too much knock retard, what?

Don't worry about changing boost levels at the moment until you resolve the bucking issue. More boost is only going to make it worse.

I have an older HKS EVC (series 2) in cab controller and it works great.

Roland
Issaquah WA
http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/b?KEY=9&ACCOUNT=2412

Previous Topic: New Member In Search of Info and Help! Topic Next Topic: Local Dyno Tuners?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NWSTP Forum © 1998-2011 NWSTP Go To Top Of Page
This page spooled up in 0.12 seconds Syclone and Typhoon By GMC Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03

This Ring Site is owned by Sportmachines. Want to join the Ring?
[
Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites
]